Set Up the Repository
1. Install packages required to connect to Docker package repository
sudo apt-get install apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl gnupg lsb-release
2. Add Docker repository public key
curl -fsSL https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/gpg | sudo gpg --dearmor -o /usr/share/keyrings/docker-archive-keyring.gpg
It will report if the key is added successfully.
3. Add the Docker package repository
sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=armhf] https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu $(lsb_release -cs) stable"
It will successfully read packages list from the repository with this command .
1. Update packages index and install Docker and dependencies with the below two commands.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io
The last command will install everything and start the Docker services.
2. Now that docker is installed you can check if it is running.
sudo systemctl status docker
That is it! You are all set to run your docker containers.